RENTAL POLICIES FOR CALYPSO DEL SOL
VILLA RULES AND POLICIES TO WHICH YOU AGREE
RENTAL POLICIES FOR CALYPSO DEL SOL
We provide a full refund of your rental plus taxes in the event you cancel your reservation more than 60 days before the day of your scheduled rental start date. If you cancel 30 days or more but less than 60 days before your scheduled rental start date, we will refund 50% of your rental and all taxes. We provide no refund of your rental amount if you cancel less than 30 days before your scheduled rental start date, although we will return your taxes and security deposit in full.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: We recommend you purchase trip cancellation insurance. No shows, late arrivals, and early departures are all non-refundable.
PAYMENTS AND SECURITY DEPOSIT
- Reservations and Confirmation. A 50% deposit of gross rental plus the U.S. Virgin Island’s hotel tax (12.5%) is due within 10 days after verbal confirmation of the reservation. This initial payment confirms the rental. A rental agreement supplied by the owner is to be signed and returned to the owner within 10 days. When the deposit is received, a written confirmation will be mailed, emailed, or faxed.
- Final Balance plus the refundable security deposit is due 60 days prior to travel date. If the reservation is made less than 60 days before arrival, total payment is due no later than 10 days after verbal confirmation of reservation.
- Payments may be by check (made out and mailed to Calypso del Sol), or by credit card (only VISA and MasterCard are accepted). For credit card payments, call the owners to provide the charge information.
- Damage to the Villa or Furnishings. Guests are asked to treat the Villa and its indoor and outdoor furnishings with care, as in their own home. Guests are expected to use coasters on the furniture and not to place heavy or rough items on the furniture. If furniture or furnishings are broken or missing, or if there is damage beyond normal wear and tear to the Villa or its furnishings, we will deduct from the deposit an amount that will allow us to replace the broken/damaged/missing item.
- Pets are not allowed at or in the villa.
- Security Deposit and Security Deposit Return. A $350 security deposit is due with the final villa payment. Charges for damage will include damage to furnishings, cleanup from smoking at $250 for decontamination per room, etc. Assuming there is no damage to the villa, the security deposit will be returned in full within 3 weeks of the end of the rental period.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING
Smoking is not allowed. Guests who smoke in or at the Villa will be charged a fee of $250 to cover the cost of cleaning and “de-contaminating” the house. Obviously, no drugs or hazardous materials are allowed on Villa property.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT TIMES
Check in time is 3 pm or later; check out time is 10 am or earlier. In some circumstances, earlier arrivals or later departures can be allowed, but that must be worked out in advance with our villa management company, St John Signature Villas.
CAPACITY OF VILLA
The maximum number of guests permitted to stay in the Villa is restricted to 6, unless specific permission for additional guests (including young children sleeping in cribs) has been obtained in advance. If additional guests stay over the number scheduled, you will be charged $300 per additional person.
• We strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance that will cover your trip in case of a hurricane between July 1 and November 1 (“hurricane season”)..
• If a hurricane is threatening St. John and ONLY IF WE ADVISE YOU NOT to travel to St. John, we will either refund the full amount of your rental or we will hold your balance on account as a credit toward a future stay, as you prefer. Your rental will not be refunded for any other circumstances.
• If you are staying at Calypso del Sol and if predictions indicate a hurricane is headed toward St John, we will notify you to leave St. John before the storm is upon us. If we notify you to leave, you must not delay your departure, as delay may make it difficult to get a departing flight. GUESTS MAY NOT REMAIN IN THE VILLA DURING A HURRICANE. If you have not been able to get a flight, you will need to check into a St. Thomas hotel. You must make your own reservations, although we will try to help. We will either send you a pro-rated refund of your rental and your hotel tax from the day you vacate the Villa, or we will hold the pro-rated amount on account as a credit for a future/return stay, as you prefer.
HOUSEKEEPING AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES AT THE VILLA
• Service/Repairs. From time to time, maintenance personnel including the pool cleaners and the landscaping company must stop by the Villa to make repairs. Every effort is made NOT to disturb guests, but on rare occasions a repairman other than landscaping or pool maintenance must enter the Villa when guests are there. This will ONLY occur with advance permission of guests.
• Pool Service and Grounds Maintenance. Pool service and grounds maintenance occurs weekly. From time to time this may take place during a guest’s stay but every effort will be made not to disturb guests.
• Power Outages. Occasionally, St. John suffers briefly from power outages. Should this occur, flashlights are in each bedroom for the use of guests. Please do not flush toilets or use electricity during these periods.
• Water Conservation and Water Problems. Water conservation is an important part of life on St. John. Some water is hauled in from St. Thomas, but mostly rainwater is collected in cisterns under the house. PLEASE USE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED. We sometimes experience water shortages and beg your indulgence. If the house has no water, please call St John Signature Villas. It may just be that we need to switch cisterns.
GATHERINGS AT THE VILLA
Absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings, meetings, or parties involving outside individuals are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from the owners.
• The owners of Calypso del Sol assume no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accidents, or delays to guests.
• Guests are responsible for Calypso del Sol during occupancy, and must lock the Villa’s windows and doors securely when not on the premises, and must conduct themselves in a judicious and responsible manner.
• Transportation (airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars, and taxis) is supplied by providers who operate independently of the Villa. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of the transportation providers.